Terms & Conditions
Access to and use of this site http://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk is provided by Sugar NutritionUK subject to the following terms:
1. By using http://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk you agree to be legally bound by these terms,which shall take effect immediately on your first use of http://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk. Ifyou do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/oruse http://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk.
2. Sugar Nutrition UK may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Pleasereview these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Sugar NutritionUK. Your continued use of http://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk after changes are posted meansyou agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of http://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, makeavailable to the public, or otherwise use http://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk content in anyway except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alteror create a derivative work from any http://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk content except foryour own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of http://www.sugarnutrition.org.ukcontent requires the prior written permission of Sugar Nutrition UK.
4. Access http://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reservethe right to withdraw the service we provide without notice. We will not be liable if for anyreason our site is unavailable at any time of for any period.
5. You agree to use http://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk only for lawful purposes, and in a waythat does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of http://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress orinconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting thenormal flow of dialogue within http://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
6. http://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk content, including the information, names, images,pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Sugar Nutrition UK and/or its productsand services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "ISAVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whetherexpress or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties ofsatisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, securityand accuracy.
7. The advice provided on http://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk is generic in nature. SugarNutrition UK cannot provide personalised dietary or lifestyle advice. If you requireindividually tailored advice regarding food, nutrition and lifestyle then you should contact aGP or dietitian.
8. Parts of our Site may contain links to third-party Web sites for your convenience andinformation. When you access a non-Sugar Nutrition UK Web site, even one that maycontain our logo or subsidiary or parent company logos, please understand that we do notcontrol the content and are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggestthat you carefully review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each site youvisit. These Terms and conditions and our Online Privacy Statement does not cover theinformation practices of those Web sites linked to from our Site. These other sites may sendtheir own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information.
9. Under no circumstances will Sugar Nutrition UK be liable for any of the followinglosses or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):(a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss ofopportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or(g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of http://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk regardless of the form of action.
10. Sugar Nutrition UK does not warrant that functions contained in http://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will becorrected, or that http://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk or the server that makes it available arefree of viruses or bugs.
11. The names, images and logos identifying Sugar Nutrition UK or third parties and theirproducts and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of SugarNutrition UK and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed asconferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark,patent, design right or copyright of Sugar Nutrition UK or any other third party.
12. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere onhttp://www.sugarnutrition.org.uk then the latter shall prevail.
13. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceableby reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to beeffective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid orunenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shallsurvive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
14. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Englandand Wales.
The purpose of this Online Privacy Statement is to inform you about the types of information we gather online about you when you visit the Sugar Nutrition UK Web site ("our Site"),how we may use that information, whether we disclose it to anyone, and the choices you haveregarding our use of, and your ability to correct, that information.
Sugar Nutrition UK respects your right to privacy. When you visit our Site, we may collectinformation on two different levels about your visit:
- Statistics collected as you browse the site.
- Personal information you knowingly give us.
We want you to be aware of how we collect and handle information on our Web site.
Sugar Nutrition UK collects personal information such as name, e-mail address, affiliation,professional area, when you knowingly provide it to us, for example when signing up toreceive email bulletins and newsletters This information is kept confidential and is notsupplied to any 3rd parties.
Our Web servers automatically collect standard statistical internet information and behaviourpatterns about your visit to www.sugarnutrition.org.uk, such as pages visited, which browsersare used to visit our site and from what type of device (e.g. computer, mobile, android). Thisenables us to find out information such as the number of visits to various sections of oursite, so that we can continue to improve the content we provide. The information collected isdone in a way that does not identify anyone and we do not make any attempt to identify thosevisiting our website. All data gathered is presented in average and grouped values, and willnot be associated with any personally identifying information from any source.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of your correspondence or comments, includingPersonally Identifiable Information, in a file specific to you. We use this information to helpus provide better service in the event you contact us again.
When you choose to register with our Site, we request accurate contact information andpreferences that help us better serve you. Your contact information may be used to send youinformation and newsletters.
Anytime you register with us you may:
- Opt out. At any time after the initial registration, you can opt out by either e-mailingus your request or clicking on the link at the bottom of any e-mail alerts you receive.
- Update your contact and personal information anytime by notifying us of changes tothis information previously collected from you online.
In order to improve your experience with us, we may decide to improve our Site's ability toobtain information about users. We will update this privacy statement continually to ensurethat you are aware of developments in this area.
We do not sell, share or disclose individually identifiable information obtained onlineabout our visitors to anyone outside of Sugar Nutrition UK, or companies directly engagedby Sugar Nutrition UK where confidentiality agreements are in place. The only exceptions tothis rule are the following:
- If you specifically authorize Sugar Nutrition UK to share your information with another company.
- It is required by law.
On occasion, Sugar Nutrition UK shares non-personally identifiable information with othercompanies in order to assess the results of an event. This information is used in aggregateonly, and does not contain any information that would personally identify you.
Personally identifiable information
This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. The PersonallyIdentifiable Information we collect when you use our Site may include your name, mailingaddress, e-mail address, affiliation, professional area, login names and passwords. Personalinformation you voluntarily supply when obtaining information from our Site is not sharedfor use outside Sugar Nutrition UK, our subsidiary or parent companies or companiesdirectly engaged by Sugar Nutrition UK where confidentiality agreements are in place. Thisinformation is Sugar Nutrition UK's proprietary data and is not available to any outsidecompany (except where confidentiality agreements are in place) in this personalised form.
In order to provide the best service to our audience we would like to know who our users are,when they use our site and how often they use our site. This information is not attributed toany personally identifying information.
At times, we may utilize e-mail for any of these reasons:
- To conduct online surveys (voluntary).
- To respond to a site visitor's e-mail.
- To send information that a visitor has requested.
- To send information about Sugar Nutrition UK and/or its subsidiary or parent companies.
In all of these situations you will be provided with direction on how to opt out of future e-mails of this nature.
Sugar Nutrition UK acknowledges your trust and is committed to protecting the informationyou provide us. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use ofinformation, we have employed physical, electronic, and managerial processes to safeguardand secure the information we collect online. Any information that you give us is protectedby a password for added security. Within our Site, your information is stored in password-protected, limited-access servers. Wherever possible, our servers reside behind a corporatefirewall that maintains tight controls on any access to the system from both our internalnetwork and the Internet.
A "cookie" is a small data file transferred by a website to your computer's hard drive. Theseare used widely across the internet to make websites function, work efficiently and toprovide information to website owners. We send cookies to your computer when you surfour website, respond to online surveys or polls, or request information online. Accepting thecookies used on our Site does not give us access to your Personally Identifiable Information,but we can use the cookies to identify your computer. The aggregate information collectedpermits us to analyse traffic patterns on our website. This can enable us over time to provide you with a better experience on our website by improving the content and making it easier touse. For example, cookies can allow you to enter your password only once on pages where alogon is required.
The table below explains the cookies used on www.sugarnutrition.org.uk and why.